In my picture I put a white rose with drops of blood and light hitting the rose as the background. I also included two small size pictures, one of hammer nails on the bottom left corner and another picture of a hand with pretty designed finger nails on the top right corner. My words are overlayed on top of the rose to make it the emphasis. I also put them in big, red letters so it could stand out.The issue I decide to do was beauty is pain. The statement means that there are things that we girls like to do to look gorgeous and some of those things can cause pain. My pictures are hammer nails and finger nails. I put the hammer nails because they represent the pain that we go through when we fix ourselves to look pretty. The finger nails picture I put it because it hurts sometimes to get our nails done, well mostly the first time. There are many more things we do that makes us look beautiful but at the same time it causes us pain. For example, when we get our hair done at a salon or when we pluck out our eyebrows and even when we wear high heels, etc. All this makes us look beautiful but it also hurts us and puts us through pain.
I really like your image. I like the scrappy look of the edges. It gives it a rough look, which corresponds with the beauty and pain. I also thought it was interesting that you showed a picture of Nails... and then a picture of finger"nails" I liked that tie. The composition of the words and exactly how you added in the smaller images could have been stronger. I also think your statement could have been played with a little while longer. However, overall good job.
ReplyDeleteI like your social issue, and the way you expressed it. I think the rose, your nails, and the other nails go fine with your social issue. I also like the way your personal words came out. I like how your color of font is purple. Your portfolio is nice!:)
ReplyDelete- Jocie.